King Richard won a silver medal and War Horse and High Hopes each attained bronze in the Independent English Wine Awards 2019 competition in Bristol. We are over the moon – to say the least!
Rothley Village has joined the Surfers Against sewage campaign to rid the oceans of plastic. The entire village is striving to get rid of single use plastic. At the vineyard we are “doing our bit” with great enthusiasm. We regularly use our coracle to clear plastic from the Rothley Brook – see photo. The link is an interview on Radio Leicester Wednesday 20th February 2019 at 08.21hr https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06z2wgq
Liz, our vintner is very busy attending Christmas shopping events where she is giving samples of our wines and selling by the bottle. After a fab time at the Rothley Court Hotel on Sunday she is getting ready for:
- Wed 28 Nov 18.00-22.00 Wheatsheaf pub in Thurcaston
- Thur 29 Nov 19.00 – 21.30 Sacred Heart School, Beacon Road, Loughborough
- Sat 1 Dec 10.00 – 14.00 Watermead Nursery, Forest Road, Loughborough
- Sun 2 Dec 10.00 Barrie Stephens hair salon for the sponsored dog walk along the New walk and Victoria Park. We are donating the mulled wine.
- Thur 6 Dec 17.00 – 21.30 Grange Garden Centre, Asfordby, Melton Mowbray